
"So, who's the new girl?" I was leading music in our church's college group. Kaeli was sitting in the third or fourth row. Well of course I noticed the cute curly blond haired new girl. I went over and said hello ... and now we're engaged. There's a lot in the "...".
Well I guess I’ll fill in the middle? :) ...That was the summer of 2003, when my family and I first started attending Calvary Baptist Church. Paul and I became friends and spent countless nights after church with the other college age and singles at Applebee’s eating yummy delicious boneless buffalo wings, of the hot variety of course. Through the college group we have gone camping, hiking, climbing, and canoeing together. We have had the opportunity to serve together, study together, pray together, learn together, and grow together over the years. So, I guess you could say Christ and friendship has been the foundation for our relationship. How we actually got together, well…Paul came home the fall of 2006 from his NASA internship in Langley, Virginia to start his final year of college at UC and we just seemed to be constantly thrown together. All of our mutual friends were off at school or busy with other things, and it always seemed to be the two of us. We were constantly assaulted by in-depth questioning from eager parents and friends- not to name names but…the Picones, Ruschs, and Laughlins come to mind. Paul and I talked about dating and began praying about it, wanting to follow God’s leading and here we are engaged, about to get married, and truly thankful for such a gracious God.

No comments:
Post a Comment